Saturday, June 4, 2011

Paper Roses using Sure Cuts Alot 2



     I made these paper roses by following a tutorial that I found on youtube by Kathy whose site is paperphenomenon (I think that's how it's spelled).  These paper flowers are like the Tim Holtz paper roses but he uses a sizzix for his, Kathy uses the George and Basic Shapes cartridges from Cricut on hers and I used basic shapes flower from Sure Cuts A Lot2 for mine.  I had the settings set on Blackout so that it wouldn't cut out the center hole.  These turned out really well.  I experimented with hand painting the paper first with a glitter concoction that I made using half a small container of ultra fine iridescent glitter mixed with modge podge (works really well) for the paper flower on the right.  The paper flower on the left I made first then painted the petals with my concoction.  It seemed to me that the flower on the left was much easier to do and turned out equally well as to the flower on the right.  The added bonus of painting after the flower is made is no down time since I don't have to wait for the paper to dry before assembling my flower.  These were cut at 2.5 inches on thicker paper.
     You can view the items that I have for sale in my shop at NoteletsByDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment