Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope that the coming year will be bigger, better, brighter than last year!

I'm already looking ahead to the holidays of the New Year, stating with Valentines Day!  I made a set of Valentine Cards with a matching Gift Bag to hold them.  I'm sending this to my niece for a birthday present and I'm sure that she will put the cards to good use.
The gift bag is made from a paper bag and to make it, I followed a YouTube Tutorial that can be viewed by following this link: Paper Bag Purse .  The hearts on the gift bag and the cards are from the Cricut Home decor cartridge.  The center section of the card (the one with the oval) was made from a Cuttlebug die cut which I got pre-owned without it's booklet and I've no idea of the name of the die cut.  I used white cardstock to cut it out and pink cardstock to cut the mat behind it out and just kept layering pink and white.  I ran the base card and all mats through the cuttlebug to emboss them.  The inside of the card simply reads "Happy Valentines Day".

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, oh do me a favor and check out Tessa's blog on photography. She wants to be a photographer and needs some followers and comments. It is on my blog called float me through the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. updated your blog background but you need an banner. Got this from plumrose lane blog, hope you like it

    ReplyDelete