Friday, April 13, 2012

Birthday Cake!

To celebrate my husband's birthday, I decided to make him a chocolate cake.  But not just any ole chocolate cake.. a completely homemade DARK chocolate cake ( no cake box in sight).  This was my first attempt at making a chocolate cake, I've done others so I was feeling confident.  Then I thought....peanut butter filling would be spectacular and I didn't stop there, oh no not I....lets add a Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Fudge frosting (all homemade of course)... can you say yum?

The cake ended up being much larger than I realized it would be and it took much longer to make lol.  The cake was quick, it was that fudge frosting that took ages.  I have to cook the chocolate then let it sit in the fridge for 90 minutes, then let it come to room temperature for another 90 minutes, yikes.  But it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Victor, I hope I said that before now, If I didn't shame on me. But I hope he enjoyed his day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He absolutely enjoyed his day, more importantly, he enjoyed his cake!!!

    ReplyDelete