Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Party Invitations

I'm hosting a 50th Birthday Party for my youngest sister with the help of my older sister and niece and although we had all decided to not make the invitations, which would save a load of time, I wasn't able to find any that were suitable.  The only invitations available were for wedding, graduation, child's party, and baby shower.  I ended up making the invites and for the sake of time, I had to keep it simple.  I used the Lacy Labels to cut the basic shape of the invitations (double sided cardstock)  which is really nothing more than a rounded rectangle. I then scored both sides and folded them in.  I used Ivory Cardstock for the insert with all the info being printed on my printer and then ran that through my cuttlebug for the emboss on the sides and the back of the envelope.  I cut the flower shape (Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock) using Cricut Craftroom Basics, ran that through the cuttlebug for the embossing, glued one side of it to the left side of the invitation using Aileens Tacky Glue (I've learned my lesson in using tape runners...although it say's "permanent" it really isn't and things fall off after awhile. This doesn't happen with Tacky Glue.) and then tied the invite together using a pale pink ribbon.




No comments:

Post a Comment