Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Using Doilies on Scrapbook page

     The top and bottom pages are using doilies as a mat for the photos.  I first cut the photo to match the center of the doilies (I used a Fiskars shape cutter to do that).  I then rubbed each doilies with a blue ink pad, a gold ink pad and lilac ink pad.  I rubbed the colors on different areas of the doilies but I did cover the whole doily.  I glued the photo to the center and then glued the entire thing to my page. 
     The middle page is showing one way to use the type of brad that has the center cut out.  I threaded a ribbon through the cut out section of the brad and then inserted the brad all the way through the intersection of the ribbons and through the back of the page and secured the legs of the brad with tape.  I like to secure the legs of brads so that the page doesn't hang up when I go to insert the page into the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment