Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Purse and Card

     With my family on the webcam, I made this really cute paper purse with 4 matching note cards.  I followed a tutorial that I found on you tube (Here is the link) and I made it for my niece Tessa's birthday but it will now be saved and given at Christmas LOL - facepalm.  I thought the cards turned out really well considering this is my second attempt at them.  I learned a valuable lesson regarding tutorials - it pays to actually LISTEN to them hahaha.  I made the first set of cards, complete with handmade matching envelopes, at the size of 4x6 and when I went to place them inside the purse guess what? They didn't fit! ummmmm ok, I went back to the video to make sure that It wasn't a mistake that I made and sure enough it was.  The video tutorial clearly states 4x5 not 4x6 cards, hence the 2nd set of cards lol.  
     I did at least make the Birthday card for the correct niece, Aaliyah and I hope that she loves it.  I had a lot of fun making the owl die cut on the front.  The owl is from the Cricut Sentimentals cartridge and the envelopes for the cards in the purse is from the Cricut Wildcard cartridge.  


2 comments:

  1. Mom,
    This little purse thing is SOOOO cool!!!! You are an epic hand crafty designer.
    :)

    ReplyDelete