Sunday, March 1, 2015

My blog was HACKED!

Well I was very surprised to find that my blog had been hacked.  I got a notice from Pinterest (Go Pinterest!) that a fellow pinner visited my blog, which made me wonder when was the last time I myself had visited my blog. Sadly, life has been extra-ordinarily busy and the blog was set aside.

I clicked on my blog link and was incredibly dismayed to find it immediately redirected to spam sites!  I consider myself to be a moderately crafty person, but a software programmer I'm not! I had no idea how to fix it.  The words of my lovely daughter floated in my head "Mom, Google knows everything!" so off to Google I go and within a minute I had the fix.  I came upon this site: http://aw-snap.info/blogger-tool/ (if anyone else is suffering from a hacked blog, I would recommend that site) and found the problem was coming from another blog site that I had listed in one of my gadget.  I removed that site and problem is resolved.  My apologies to anyone that visited my blog and ran into spam re-directs, that certainly was not my intention.  I will pay closer attention to my blog from here out.

No comments:

Post a Comment