Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My second post...

Ok, well I've come up with a way to get my shop to the 100 items mark.... I'm going to make and sell gift tags and bookmarks.  These are much quicker to make and will allow me to fill my shop that much faster.

I'm feeling pretty confident in my newly formed business, I just got another sale today sooo hooray for me!!

I also went through the artfire site and re-categorized most of the note cards by moving them from the stationary category to the 'cards' category, hopefully this helps with the views.  I'm not really getting that many views on the artfire site and it makes me wonder if my tags.... the focus of the Search Engine Optimization part of the 45 days to success plan, are wrong.  I re-did most of them, let's see what happens.

I'm also beginning to wonder if selling across 3 different store fronts is a smart idea.  The thing is, I sell on Etsy, Art Fire and Madeitmyself but the Etsy site is a paid site (per item listing and sale), the other two are free.  My delimma? I'm only getting sales from the paid site, Etsy... lots of views on Madeitmyself but no sales and far fewer views on Art Fire and no sales.   Seems like a simple decision except that Etsy comes up the quickest in the search engines :( grumble grumble.

2 comments:

  1. Well, It sounds like you are learning how things work or don't work. LOL Life is a process of trial and error, stay with it, you will get it.
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried other avenues? Ebay? Maybe some local drives? Just ideas. And Etsy is the most popular site, so it's worth the money, especially since you are making sales.

    ReplyDelete