Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homemade Apothecary Jars

I've been helping my sister create some decorations for a baby shower that she is hosting and we decided to make some apothecary jars.  These will hold some little baby items like miniature cradles, rattles, baby bottles, etc.  This is the stages of the jar creations which started out with plain jars, candlestick holders, mason jar lids and some wooden beads.  The candlestick holders were spray painted with white enamel and then glued on with E4000 glue.  I then used some little bottles with nibs that I bought at JoAnn's to hand paint the pink and black elements.  I glued the wooden beads together and painted those and then glued them to the mason jar lids (that I also spray painted) and then I hand painted the lids.  It was a very fun project and so easy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment