Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How to Scrapbook your Greeting Cards

     The top page has a large wired ribbon in the middle of the page.  I did this by first attaching 2 eyelets to my page.  I left the ribbon on the roll because I didn't know how much I would actually use.  I threaded the end of the ribbon from front of the page through the eyelet to the back of the page, then across the back of the page and up the back of the eyelet to the top of the page.  I then cut the ribbon off the roll after guesstimating how much would be need for the bow.  I took both ends and tied them together and snipped the tails so that they would not be overly long.
     The bottom page has a full size greeting card on the left and miniature greeting cards on the right.  I get so many gorgeous cards throughout the year and I hate to just throw them out.  These miniature cards are actually scanned images of the full size cards I received.  I scanned the inside and the outside and then placed the little cards on the page as shown.  These are about 3x3 inches.  I've done an entire scrapbook with nothing but cards that I wanted to keep.  I knew that I couldn't keep all the full sized cards that I receive, there are just too many.  This is a way to keep them and utilized a lot less space.

1 comment: