Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Using ribbon to put a title on your page.


     The top page has a title "Merry Christmas" and this title is actually attached to a ribbon by eyelets.  Put an eyelet on each side of the mat that your title is glued to then measure 2 pieces of ribbon from the center of the page to one side plus about 2 inches extra.  Thread one of the ribbons through one eyelet (using about an inch) and the other thread through the other eyelet.  Secure the back side of the ribbons by using a glue runner or hot glue gun.  Then take the ends of the ribbons and after centering your title on the page, fold the ends around the sides of the page to the backside of the page and secure both ends with tape.
     The middle page, towards the bottom right has a group of 3 buttons.  I actually bought these "buttons" made like this, but I realized they could easily be handmade.  The 3 buttons each have a letter glued to them and together spell out "Joy".  I could cut the word I want, find the buttons that I like and glue the words to the buttons using my glue gun.  I would use the glue gun to glue the buttons to my ribbon or my page.
     The bottom page has a silver glittering frame around the photo.  This frame is actually made of some really pretty Christmas ribbon that I found.  I just measured 4 pieces to the size of the photo and glued them to the photo at the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment