Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gift Tag using Picturesque Cartridge


     
     I need to start taking notes when I'm making different items, it's getting hard to remember which cartridge I used to make what item lol.
     Anyway, I used the Picturesque cartridge on the tag setting to first make the frame that I used for the overlay in the rose pattern paper then I glued that to the tag.  The tag itself was also cut from that cartridge and I glued a base of green patterned paper, then put the frame of the cut out tag on top of that.  I chose the butterfly because I liked how the wings went outside the tag a bit.  I then cut another butterfly frame without the tag and the butterfly shadow.  I painted both of those pieces with my glitter concoction that I made and used a bit of my glue runner to glue the 3 layers of the butterfly together.  I put the glue only on the middle body of the butterfly so that I could then fold the wings inward and give them the lift that they have here.  It looks like the butterfly is just about to fly right off the tag.  
     Then, for the bottom of the tag, I used another patterned paper and the Ornamental Iron cartridge and cut a gate the same width as my tag and attached it.  I did not use any glitter on the gate.
     The tag itself is pretty large, it's 4.5x3.5 and I used the Cricut sampler to cut the "To" and "From" lettering on the back of the tag.

2 comments: